Friday, January 9

Rate Marina's Outfits

Yesterday I soft-launched my latest pet project, which I wrote on New Year's Eve of all nights, with graphic design graciously contributed by Allan Branch of Less Everything.

What is it? Well, for those of you too lazy to click the link, it's essentially a mash-up of YouTube and the Ajaxful Rating plug-in for Ruby on Rails that lets you rate the outfits worn by Marina Orlova on her popular webisode sensation HotForWords.

Why did I write it? To get rich and famous, of course, right? Ha, no. I wrote it because I've been interviewing for new gigs the last couple months and I keep getting asked for sample code that I've written. All the projects I've worked on for the last decade have been private and proprietary code bases, so I can't share them. Now I have something to share. For now I'm only sharing the code with potential employers, but I do plan to release it to the public in the very near future.

If you like what you see and you're looking for a solid developer (remote only, sorry, no relocation) please give my resume a peek. Thanks.

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.