Friday, September 7

Why I hate Microsoft Outlook 2007

Sorry, I just need to vent for a second. Outlook has just screwed me for the second time in so many weeks, and I'm pissed. I have (had) a very large "distribution list" entry in my Contacts, containing several dozen members. With the high turnover rate at my current company, I frequently have to update this list. I open the list, select the member that needs to be removed, and click the "Delete" button in the menu bar. But guess what! It doesn't delete the selected member. It deletes the entire distribution list! Oh, but that's not all. There's no confirmation message, and there's no undo! It's gone, completely, the entire list. I have to recreate it again, by hand, only to re-learn this lesson the hard way, again, in a couple weeks, after I've forgotten about the trap.

No comments: